Four Reasons to Choose an Independent Insurance Agency
Purchasing insurance is a complicated purchase…. It’s not like buying shoes, food, or clothes. You’re purchasing protection for your most valuable assets. Understanding the various options available plays a critical role in making the right choice.
Three options exist when purchasing Insurance:
1. Purchasing insurance yourself online or on the phone through a direct “carrier to consumer” format such as Geico, Esurance, The General, etc.
2. Purchasing insurance through a captive Insurance Agency such as Farmers, State Farm, etc.
3. Last but certainly not least, purchasing insurance through an independent insurance agency.
We will highlight 4 Reason’s why choosing an Independent Insurance Agency is the best choice:
1. They offer Selection – Independent insurance agencies have a wide variety of choices. They work with several different companies simultaneously and have an eye for the company that fits your situation. If you were to shop online, you would spend hours trying to find the right company and re-enter your information into tons of different forms. You might get lucky and find a great price… But did you select the right coverage? Or what if you could have purchased an additional coverage or service for $3 more and didn’t know it? Not to mention the hundreds of emails you will now get from the ones you didn’t purchase…. Then there’s the captive option. They have one product and one option (no-brainer) …. That’s like going to buy a car and just signing the first deal they offer you…. Never a good idea. An independent insurance agency offers the best of both worlds… You get an agent who can find the right protection and ensure the right coverage is in place… Yet, still get the economic benefit of browsing the market.
2. They are licensed experts – Independent insurance agencies are licensed experts in a variety of different products. They have experience in understanding, writing, and servicing a much broader span of the insurance market than their captive counterparts. A State Farm agent is familiar with… well… State Farm products… Which only makes up a tiny portion of the available products on the market. The independent agency works with the entire market on a daily bases and has valuable knowledge for each product and how it relates to your situation. If you need to set up a trust fund, you could probably find the wording online.... However, it’s likely you will seek the advice of an attorney. Why wouldn’t you do the same when protecting your home, auto, or business? Independent agencies spend their entire career finding the right product to protect their clients.
3. They offer specialized products – An Independent Agency offers specialized products outside the realm of normal home, auto, and business insurance. Unlike the captive counterparts, independent agencies can contract with various wholesale markets to provide specific coverages for any operation. This allows you to house all of your insurance in one place even if the needed coverages are specialized in a particular industry.
4. They offer unbiased advice – In addition to selection, skilled knowledge, and specialized products, they offer unbiased advice. It’s human nature for the Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers agent to believe their product is automatically the best… However, the independent agent will give you honest feedback based on their knowledge, experience, and relationship with the insurance company you are considering. Do you think the captive agent will tell you if the company has recently encountered a high volume of complaints in regard to claim service? No… It’s self incriminating for them to be honest with you in the case of a down turn. Whereas, the independent counterpart will explain the recent poor experience and offer the choice of a company he/she feels more comfortable with. The model of an independent agency favors YOU!! The unbiased, honest, hands-on experience and advice can prove to be a valuable asset to your insurance.
These four benefits are important to the staff at CMI of Texas Insurance Group. We are dedicated and committed to serving the best interest of our clients in all facets of their insurance protection.
Contact Us if you would like a licensed expert to review your insurance coverage with you. Protection is Our Passion!